“For consider Him that endured such contradiction of sinners against Himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds.”Hebrews 12:3
This question is by far, the most common I have heard amongst runners. “I don’t have any motivation to run, where do I get some?”
When the motivation to run has left, what do you do?
Everybody has their own reasons for running. Everyone has their own motivation.
Some remind themselves of why they run in the first place, while others run out of discipline because they can when so many people can’t. Others look at what their life would be like as a couch potato, when others simply just make the choice to go out even when they don’t feel like it.
In this month’s episode, I go over some of the things people do when they lack motivation. Running is hard. We all know that. But should we rely on staying motivated?
Motivation comes and goes, just like feelings of happiness and hunger.
Here are a few things I cover in the episode:
- Do your feelings control what you do or don’t do?
- What is the difference between motivated runners and disciplined runners?
- What are some things people do to get themselves out the door when they don’t feel like it?
- What can you do to prepare for the next time you don’t feel like running?
Motivation can be found, but it is a fleeting feeling. You can’t rely on it. But you can prepare for the discouragement that will set in.
Do you need to make goals or plans?
Do you need to make a playlist on Spotify?
Do you need to get in the scriptures?
Do you need to fall on your knees in prayer?
Do you need to take risks?
Do you need to talk to a friend?
Do you need to give thanks?
Listen to this month’s episode on your favorite platform or listen here:
Ep. #26 Your Biggest Resource in Doing the Will of God – Be Still And Run by Alli Anne
- Ep. #26 Your Biggest Resource in Doing the Will of God
- Ep. #25 The Most Dangerous Characteristic a Human can Possess
- Ep. #24 Stop Getting Injured! 3 Things You can Incorporate into Your Life to Minimize Injuries
- MMM – Using The Power of Hebrews 12:3 to Become a Better Runner
- Ep. #23 Using Injuries to Your Advantage 💪
I pray you received some encouragement from this month’s podcast! If you ever have any questions or suggestions, or simply just need someone to talk to, feel free to reach out. We love you and pray you have a blessed week! Happy Running!
Want to stay in the loop of everything that is going on? Then join our email list!
We send you some mid-week motivation, Updates from Be Still and Run, Reminders of previous blog posts, podcasts, or videos, Upcoming events, And more!
Hope to see you around!