For He satisfieth the longing soul, and filleth the hungry soul with goodness.Psalm 107:9
A common verse in the Bible is Psalm 34:8, “O taste and see that the Lord is good…”
Let me ask you a question. How did you figure out what your favorite dessert was? Did someone tell you and you believed them? Or did you actually have to taste it for yourself?
Once someone has accepted Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior they have so many benefits and blessings that they have access to. There are so many promises throughout scripture that we seem to skim over thinking that it would be so cool if we could have that.
Here are a few that people seem to be missing nowadays:
Read Psalm 107:1-9 and see if you can relate to the passage.
Now ask yourself these questions:
- Do you feel like you’re missing something in life?
- Do you feel hungry or thirsty?
- Do you feel like your wandering in the wilderness?
- Do you feel weak and faint?
- What are the promises in this passage?
- What does God tell us we need to do in order to claim the promises throughout these verses?
Don’t forget to check out this week’s podcast episode to hear a recent testimony where God showed me the importance of this topic!! It was a hard lesson to learn and honestly one I will probably continue to learn, but it was worth it.
You can listen to episode #44 on Be Still and Run by Alli Anne on your favorite platform.