I used to stress out about having the onset of an injury because that meant less training and it threatened to pause my running.
But, I also used to stress out about not having the onset of an injury, because I was wondering if I wasn’t pushing hard enough.
I was so totally confused.
Yet overtime God showed me that having injuries can actually be a blessing.
And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.2 Corinthians 12:9
There are so many ways we can use injuries to our advantage which I dive into more in-depth on the podcast, but here is a general idea of some things I have been grateful for among injuries.
- Injuries are a warning sign from your body that says there is something wrong.
- Injuries give the rest of our body a rest.
- Injuries cause us to focus on something other than our training.
- Injuries can cause us to pray more.
- Injuries let us know our core is weak.
- Injuries give us a chance to relate a little more with the sufferings of Christ.
- Injuries give us a chance to analyze our priorities and the reason why we do what we do.
- Injuries can give you a chance to focus more on God’s Word.
Check out this week’s podcast on your favorite platform or search for it below to hear more…
And stay tuned for this months theme of INJURIES! Yay, I’m so excited to finally be diving into this topic!
In the mean time, have a great week and Happy Running!