What do you think is the biggest waste of a Christian’s time? My first thought for the 21st century was Social Media. But God opened my eyes to realize that this is actually not the case. The Biggest Waste of Time for a Christians Life is actually …
We worry because of fear. Fear of man. Fear of the future. Fear of the unknown. Fear of uncertainty. Fear of failure. Fear of not being able to make a decision. Fear of death. Etc. etc. etc.
Philippians 4:6-7 says,
Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.Philippians 4:6-7
I never quite understood this passage till God took me through valleys of anxiety. And as I cleared up other issues in my life, I thought my worry and fear had increased tremendously. But the case was that it was just more visible and easily noticed.
There are a lot of band-aids that we can use to cover up our anxiety.
- We dwell on all the things that could go wrong.
- We over think things.
- We make no decision and forget that by not making a decision we are making a decision.
- We fantasize about how we wish things would go.
- We watch mind-numbing movies.
- We spend time on social media looking at other people’s lives.
- We search for motivation in all the wrong places.
- We talk down about others.
- We dwell on the negatives of life.
What can we do instead?
Pray about everything. I have noticed the more I pray about something the following things seem to happen:
- I’m able to focus on what really matters
- I’m able to make decisions
- I have a clearer head
- God gives me time to do what He wants me to do
- I’m able to be okay with whatever happens because I know God has my back
Challenge from the Podcast
The next time you feel like wasting time or feel like doing something you don’t really want to do, ask yourself why you are doing this. What is the motivating factor behind this? Really pray about it and then seek God on what you should do or really want to do instead.
Listen to Decembers Mid-Month Motivation (MMM) on Be Still and Run by Alli Anne podcast with your favorite platform or by using the link below to search for it.
May God bless you richly, Happy Running!
1 thought on “The Biggest Waste of Time is Not What You Think”