Motivation, as I’ve said before, is fleeting, just like our feelings. It comes and goes in the moment.
Motivation could actually be easily classified as a feeling. It’s a good feeling that makes us want to get something done.
Though there are many reasons why you may be lacking motivation, here are the top three that seem to be pretty common.
Problem #1: Your Ego
This one hurts, I know. Believe me, I’ve had both sides of it. The self-pity and the “I’m better than you” attitude. Pride is focusing on oneself whether it’s inward or outward and God has a special verse for this problem.
“Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.”Proverbs 16:18
What You can Do:
- Recognize you have pride, ask God for forgiveness and help to resolve it.
- Meditate on Scripture.
- Realize what matters most to you while on earth.
- Focus on others.
- Reflect praise. Realize you are not the one fully responsible for your success and make it a point to thank them.
Problem #2: You Don’t have a Good Reason Why You Want to Run
We’ve been trained most of our lives to do things without any reason why we are doing it because that’s just what we’re told “to do”. There is a huge difference in the runners that have a personal reason why they run and those who don’t. Motivation is one of the top differences.
“And the Lord answered me and said, Write the vision, and make it plain upon tables, that he may run that readeth it.”Habakkuk 2:2
What you can do:
- Find out why you run. What gets you out the door everyday.
- Find out why you WANT to run. What is the REAL reason you want to run.
- Recognize the fact that you do not have to run. It is a gift.
- Find out what matters most to you while on earth.
Problem #3: You Keep Getting Injured
This is a big complaint. “My running career is going to end, I keep getting injured.” A lot of times injuries stem from a weak core, mainly the hips, glutes, pelvis, and abs, but your ego can also be getting in the way causing you to push too hard on easy days or not rest when you need to.
“And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; and patience, experience; and experience, hope: and hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.”Romans 5:3-5
What you Can Do:
- Take care of niggles before they turn to injuries.
- Foam roll regularly to find hot spots before they turn to injuries.
- Don’t let your ego get the best of you. Rest up when you need to.
In this month’s episode on the podcast I talk about these three problems and go more in depth on what you can do about them. So if you can relate, go ahead and have a listen on your favorite platform! Or search for it with the link below!
I love you and pray you have a blessed week as you seek our Lord!
“Blessed are they that keep his testimonies, and that seek Him with the whole heart.”Psalm 119:2
Ep. #24 Stop Getting Injured! 3 Things You can Incorporate into Your Life to Minimize Injuries – Be Still And Run by Alli Anne
Extra Verses Mentioned in the Podcast:
- Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he. – Proverbs 29:18
- Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them. – Psalm 119:165
- The verse I was thinking of about passion, I could not find. I know it doesn’t say the word passion in it, so hopefully I’ll be able to find it sometime and share it with you guys.
- If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the Lord, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words: then shalt thou delight thyself in the Lord; and I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth, and feed thee with the heritage of Jacob thy father: for the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it. – Isaiah 58:13-14
Links Mentioned in the Podcast:
Meditations for Seasons of Waiting by the Daily Grace Co. (We do not receive any benefits from sharing this link. My prayer is that by sharing this maybe someone would benefit from the devotional themselves.)